WCBS-FM, New York announces Scott Shannon today.
And another ex-employee that Cumulus didn’t value comes back to haunt them.
But what isn’t commonly known is that Shannon got knifed in the back.
It’s a dirty story that serves as a warning for anyone working for Cumulus.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Who stabbed Shannon in the back to oust him from his WPLJ morning show. We name him.
- What were they thinking – the station other than WPLJ that Cumulus wanted to put Shannon on – a hilarious attempt to keep him from competing against them.
- If you’re ever negotiating with Cumulus, look what Shannon got them to do before he left. Take notes.
- How the human wrecking ball himself John Dickey plans to beat Elvis Duran on Z100.
- What about those rumors that Shannon was going to WOR as a talk show host?
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
If you have news, memos or emails, report information in confidence and anonymously here. I’ve never revealed a source – ever.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Westwood One Merger
- How Many Voices Make the Most Effective Radio Spots
- Mass Cutbacks Ordered At CBS Radio
- Your Competitor's New Morning Show
- Entercom’s LA Fast One
- 18-34's Don't Listen to Songs All the Way Through
- CBS Radio Revenue Tanking
- Millennials Freak at Mobile, Video Ads
- Dickey's Resignation from the Cumulus Board
- The Epidemic of Shorter, Cheaper Spots