WCBS-FM, New York announces Scott Shannon today.
And another ex-employee that Cumulus didn’t value comes back to haunt them.
But what isn’t commonly known is that Shannon got knifed in the back.
It’s a dirty story that serves as a warning for anyone working for Cumulus.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Who stabbed Shannon in the back to oust him from his WPLJ morning show. We name him.
- What were they thinking – the station other than WPLJ that Cumulus wanted to put Shannon on – a hilarious attempt to keep him from competing against them.
- If you’re ever negotiating with Cumulus, look what Shannon got them to do before he left. Take notes.
- How the human wrecking ball himself John Dickey plans to beat Elvis Duran on Z100.
- What about those rumors that Shannon was going to WOR as a talk show host?
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
If you have news, memos or emails, report information in confidence and anonymously here. I’ve never revealed a source – ever.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio