But why is the NAB pushing more consolidation when so many consolidators are going bankrupt? Suing the FCC, angering their biggest group members …
Today, I’m going to spell out the irony and desperation that actually thinks more debt is worth fighting for and the dangers that come with it.
You’ll read a few thoughts on …
- Who benefits most if ownership limits are relaxed.
- And who gets hurt the most because there are groups that would be in harm’s way.
- The story behind iHeart’s rethinking of consolidation.
- What would expanding stations mean to Cumulus and Audacy both struggling to stay above water.
- We’ll go down the list: Urban One, Salem, Beasley and the mid-range groups, how does expansion help them.
- And the disaster that could hit Saga, yes Saga if they were allowed to expand in their current markets or add new ones.
- One more thing we’ll get into – what about Townsquare, they have the best financials doing “digital first”, do they get into radio deeper?
The answers start here
Click to read: Audacy on the Clock … Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy… New SiriusXM … What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization … Is Radio Ready for a Comeback? … Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes … Surge Pricing for Radio … Stupid On-Air AI Tricks … How Nielsen is Killing Audience Gains … iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations … Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio …
You may also like: The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks … Class of ‘27’s Changing Views on Radio … iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue … A Radio Station That Got Music Discovery Right … The Meaning of the “White Noise” Podcast Boom … Music Radio’s Secret Weapon Against Streamers … How Consolidators Plan to Change Ad Sales … The End of the Market Manager … Bottom Feeder Buying Cumulus, Audacy Debt … The Audacy Reorganization Talks
Report newstips or suggest a story here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Hear Jerry on Michael Harrison’s podcast discussing today’s youth culture and its potential application in both the radio and music businesses looking to appeal to younger demos – Listen here
- Audacy’s Troubled Bankruptcy Talks
- The Fix is in for Radio Boards of Directors
- A Surprising Winner in Post-Pandemic Radio Revenue
- Radio’s Cash Infusion Secrets
- One Side Ready to Blink in Audacy Bankruptcy
- What if Audacy Employees Threaten to Leave Unless Board Quits
- Unraveling at Urban One
- iHeart Trade/Barter Secrets
- New Cash Crisis at Audacy
- What iHeart Is Covering Up