- CHR audiences have been eroding for years in ratings and ability to break new acts, but the straw that broke the camel’s back happened early this year.
- BUT WAIT, there is still good news for 3 other radio genres.
- Why these 3 formats are now more valued by labels than CHR.
- The coming new very different role for hit radio as the labels see it so you can get ahead of it now.
- CHR’s decline and what happened at All Access.
Forward to a friend here
Free samples of our work here.
Click to read: The Big Consolidators Plan for the Future … Chaos at Cumulus … The Race to Rebrand Radio … Listeners Paying Streaming Rate Hikes Rather Than Free Radio … Religion is Soaring, Salem is Not … The Core Needs of Listeners Have Changed … Satellite has a Radio Problem … The Golden Bachelor Warning… Audacy’s Screwed Up Bankruptcy … The Rise of Unions in Media …
You may also like: Spillover Effects of a Disney TV Sale … The Projected Outcome of the Audacy Bankruptcy Talks … Audacy Hedges Its Bets … Threads, Twitter & Radio … Breaking Down Audacy’s 1-for3- Reverse Stock Split… AI’s Projected Impact on the Music Business … Not That Format Hot Clock, This One … iHeart’s Misleading AI Goals … Cash-Strapped Audacy Paying Millions to Retain Execs … Radio’s Streaming Mistakes
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio
- The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks
- Class of ’27’s Changing Views on Radio
- iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue
- The Effect of Nielsen’s Financial Problems on Radio