One of the regular readers of this blog noticed some interesting associations being made in the FAQ.pdf and other parts of the SoundExchange "Legislative Alert Center".
Sit down. Stay away from sharp objects and read this in amazement:
Webcasting is to blame for the slump in CD sales."CD sales have slumped 25 percent since 2000, while webcasting audiences have grown dramatically.""Do AM & FM stations pay these royalties? Not at this time.""The United States stands alone among the major developed nations in denying artists any right to collect royalties&hellip
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning