It’s not podcasting or reselling Facebook and Google ads that is the future of radio.
It’s money from paid subscriptions, Alexa and short-form video.
That doesn’t mean that desperate radio CEOs are going to do anything different, but we know one who is and he’s already dispatched his teams to develop income streams in these three key areas.
What this looks like is completely crazy to Bob Pittman and David Field who seem to be hanging on to podcasting as if it was a life.
But let’s take a look at crazy so as not to be the last to see the future.
Radio’s significant free cash flow is the engine that will fund a hurting radio industry that is now looking to a new model to make up for low rates and advertiser interest in digital media – the next act explained.
- Entercom is Pivoting Away from Radio
- The NAB is Helping to Pass Radio Performance Royalties
- 2 Groups to Downsize Their Physical Stations
- For Radio, There’s Townsquare Digital and There’s Not Exactly
- David Field Makes His Bet on Radio News -- It’s Video
- Entercom Considering Talent Changes
- The SiriusXM Takeover of iHeart
- Radio’s Solutions for Record Q2 Losses
- Townsquare Fires Nielsen in All Markets
- Longer Shifts, Stretching On-Air Talent