Ask any radio person and they likely cannot name one of the three most potent threats to time spent listening to radio.
And you thought it was consolidation and greedy bankers.
But under the radar three alternatives to radio are rapidly gaining strength while the people who are running the radio industry can’t see them coming.
And we’re not talking about digital – it is a factor no doubt, but not the next thing.
More concerning is that these new threats are targeting both young and older, available radio listeners.
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble
- COVID’s Impact on Sports Radio
- Advertiser Complaints Against iHeart, Entercom & Beasley
- Cumulus Hiding Extent of Their Financial Woes
- Entercom Eyeing 500 More Layoffs
- Nielsen Accused of Extortion by Non-Subscribers