Ask any radio person and they likely cannot name one of the three most potent threats to time spent listening to radio.
And you thought it was consolidation and greedy bankers.
But under the radar three alternatives to radio are rapidly gaining strength while the people who are running the radio industry can’t see them coming.
And we’re not talking about digital – it is a factor no doubt, but not the next thing.
More concerning is that these new threats are targeting both young and older, available radio listeners.
- The New Formats Young Audiences Crave
- The Berner Board Battle at Cumulus
- Phase 3 Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom’s Big Little Lies
- The Fate of the Big 3 Record Labels
- The Cumulus Debt-Reduction Plan
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom