Ask any radio person and they likely cannot name one of the three most potent threats to time spent listening to radio.
And you thought it was consolidation and greedy bankers.
But under the radar three alternatives to radio are rapidly gaining strength while the people who are running the radio industry can’t see them coming.
And we’re not talking about digital – it is a factor no doubt, but not the next thing.
More concerning is that these new threats are targeting both young and older, available radio listeners.
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly