iHeart will probably file for bankruptcy once it drains the remaining assets in the company.
And Cumulus is in serious financial trouble – Lew is shrewd, John is the slacker who has ruined their programming.
But there are some radio groups that I don’t think are going to be here anymore.
Why do I say this?
Because they are acting like the groups that we know are headed for the exits.
Which big name group – one that no one would ever guess – is acting like a loser. Firing people days before Christmas and they aren’t even iHeartMedia. I think their end game is to get out of radio.
Or the company that buys shitty stations and unloads good ones – that can’t be a company that survives.
Then there’s the rather new group that is slashing costs. Do you smell a sale coming? Some of their employees do.
The smartest radio group of all has the best exit plan – I think you will agree.
The group that is busting at the seams to find a buyer – any buyer.
And still, there is one more group that may try to go public while everyone else is getting out.
Access this story now …
Report news in strict confidence to me personally here.
My 2015 Philly media conference – Last chance to register at 2014 prices.
- Townsquare's Rescue Plan
- The Surprise Entercom/CBS Spin-off Buyer
- Less than 2 Months Cash Left at iHeart
- Crackdown on Cumulus Market Managers
- iHeart -- Low on Operational Cash
- Entercom-CBS DOJ Desperation
- Cumulus Cutting Employees’ Pay
- The Acquisition Entercom Does After the CBS Merger
- iHeart Concert Revenue in Jeopardy
- Debt Holders Not Buying Cumulus Turnaround