iHeart will probably file for bankruptcy once it drains the remaining assets in the company.
And Cumulus is in serious financial trouble – Lew is shrewd, John is the slacker who has ruined their programming.
But there are some radio groups that I don’t think are going to be here anymore.
Why do I say this?
Because they are acting like the groups that we know are headed for the exits.
Which big name group – one that no one would ever guess – is acting like a loser. Firing people days before Christmas and they aren’t even iHeartMedia. I think their end game is to get out of radio.
Or the company that buys shitty stations and unloads good ones – that can’t be a company that survives.
Then there’s the rather new group that is slashing costs. Do you smell a sale coming? Some of their employees do.
The smartest radio group of all has the best exit plan – I think you will agree.
The group that is busting at the seams to find a buyer – any buyer.
And still, there is one more group that may try to go public while everyone else is getting out.
Access this story now …
Report news in strict confidence to me personally here.
My 2015 Philly media conference – Last chance to register at 2014 prices.
- The Game Mary Berner is Playing
- iHeart Bluffing Fire Sale
- Unspoken Entercom Financial Problems
- 4 Secrets Cumulus Will Tell the Bankruptcy Judge Dec 21st
- Shocker: iHeart May Default Friday
- The Cumulus Dickey “Poison Pill”
- iHeart in Panic Mode
- 7 Things Cumulus is Not Revealing About Their Bankruptcy
- Entercom's Secret Moves
- 2 More Radio Groups Teetering on Bankruptcy (and Not iHeart)