The record industry is about to kill itself and murder its best friend.
Phil Spector, who knew?
The labels are in the process of trying to eliminate radio's royalty exemption which could exceed $1 billion -- 0r 5% of radio's revenues according to Deutsche Bank's Drew Marcus.
This would be tantamount to murder for radio stations.
The royalty tax would help cripple a declining radio industry at exactly the wrong moment in time.
By pushing for this money the record labels would also be committing suicide because radio has options to cripple them if it has the guts and because holding your best ally hostage&hellip
- That 11-Hour Cumulus Board Meeting
- The Coming Breakup of Alpha Media
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Promotion
- How Entercom Made a 7% Loss Into a 20% Stock Price Gain
- Univision’s 71 Radio Stations
- David Field’s 3 Broken Promises
- Bonneville’s Back – Or Is It?
- Cumulus Reboot -- Strange Things You Didn't Know
- The Sale of Westwood One
- Alpha Media After Larry Wilson