Jeff Smulyan buys stations.
And Bob Pittman has selling on his mind.
But before Pittman sells, he’s got to mix up a portion of Dr. Good’s special potion and lotion.
If you’re working at a Clear Channel regional station, this means that this is going to be a rollercoaster year.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The one job that is really a goner at Clear Channel regionals this year.
- What is Pittman’s plan to make the company’s $21 billion debt disappear in thin air.
- Great News! Clear Channel is hiring again, great jobs. But you need not apply if you have this one thing on your resume.
- How Pittman’s plan will undermine local station sales.
- Pittman’s sneak attack: you won’t even remember that $21 billion debt once you see this.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
I was helped by sources now securely in my Witness Protection Program who contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails from any company that needs exposure to the light of day, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award available for best tip of the month. You can also call me directly at (480) 998-9898.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy
- New SiriusXM
- What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization
- Is Radio Ready for a Comeback?
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio