For the first time, Bob Pittman’s job is at risk.
Here’s what the desperate CEO has planned for the next 8 months to save his neck and it isn’t pretty.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The number of additional sales RIFs that are coming before year’s end and who they will impact most.
- How many programmers and talent will lose their jobs to a separate, additional RIF – and when.
- Pittman’s “Hail Mary” to save regional sales call centers.
- The cutbacks at Clear Channel outdoor and a disruptive move to follow.
- Clear Channel’s dangerous plans to raise needed money as debt mounts and they burn through cash.
- Pittman’s fall management surprise that will blindside employees who have pledged allegiance to him.
- Details on how Clear Channel stations (studios, offices) will be reconfigured to save money.
- A startling decision on ad rates ahead.
- Plus! Two ways employees can track Pittman’s two – that’s right, two – corporate jets – to know where he is at any moment. The links are included.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning