One of the more startling things to traditional broadcasters is that today's young audience wants to sometimes be their own program director.
The iPod is an example of how a generation decided to program their own "radio stations" with the music they choose to buy or steal online. And their stations really do have fewer commercials and more music unlike the promises we've made and broken to them for decades.
Broadcasters do what they have always done -- broadcast. When radio programming got more specific in the 70's we used the term narrowcasting to reflect how the broadcasting service had adapted.
But one thing&hellip
- Concern About Entercom’s Future
- Townsquare Digital Revenue Exposed
- Cox Radio Takeover Layoffs
- iHeart Efficiency Experts
- Field Revises Entercom Cutbacks
- The Coming Cumulus Bankruptcy #2
- Entercom Hacking Exposes Competitors, Advertisers
- The Entercom Hacking Coverup
- Entercom Hacked, Personal Info Breached
- Nervousness At iHeart