I know, I’m making this one up, too.
That’s what the iHeart brain trust will say except that they’ve been caught in the act just like those child predators on MSNBC.
Low balling the market and screwing everyone.
Think iHeart is only doing this in just one city?
Prepare for selling against dollar a holler rates coming to your market next courtesy of iHurtRadio.
If you’re already a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, here is what you will get.
- The iHeart scam revealed – using three marketing companies to put on faux media seminars for the purpose of slashing radio rates at the end – we’ll name them.
- Why sellers are scared stiff that their regular advertisers, the poor unwitting schlubs paying full price will find out about it.
- Which advertisers and prospects are being offered these low, low rates for starters.
- How long, for how much money – I’m giving it to you to the penny right off the contracts.
- Oh no, wait until you see what they do with digital in this “too good to be true” ad package.
The answers begin here.
If you would like to read this story, see an option to gain access to my entire archive of 2,991 pieces and get daily email delivery, see your choices here …
When you see or hear news, report it here. $100 for the best tip of the month. $1,000 for the best tip of the year. You’re anonymous in my Witness Protection Program.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Next Year’s Philly Conference Date -- April 6, 2016. If you haven’t experienced one of these interactive learning sessions, plan ahead to be there.
Sign up to get these teasers every day for free here
About Inside Music Media: Read by more people than any other media newsletter of its kind. Contains no advertising. Is insightful, deadly honest, entertaining and informative. Accepts no corporate money. And is beholden only to subscribers.
- Entercom's $100 Million Cost Cutting
- Next Week’s iHeart Bankruptcy
- Alpha Financial Crisis
- Scripps Sell-off Disaster
- The Dickey Cumulus Hostile Takeover
- The Entercom Management Fail
- iHeart’s Bully Bankruptcy Move Backfires
- A Second Cumulus Bankruptcy
- Cumulus Rate War Against Competitors
- Newspapers Buying Radio Stations