This is the worst-case scenario come true.
The political advertising windfall that radio usually receives is not happening as the first metrics start coming in.
And this is no time for that with the lockdown economy causing 25-57% declines in revenue compared to last year.
No radio group can withstand these losses which can now be documented.
The real question is – is there still time to make up for the early losses and if not, what options are on the table.
It’s not just a battleground state problem – we can now document that political advertising is booming for competing media, so why is radio getting so severely snubbed?
- Censorship Ploy Sets Up Shutting AM Stations
- The Muzzling of Talk Radio
- Cumulus to Reduce Local Talk Radio
- The Day Talk Radio Died
- Entercom To Rethink Alt Rock
- Cumulus Censors 416 Stations
- Entercom to Regionalize Another Format
- The Coronavirus’ Effect on Listening
- Local Radio Is Killing Podcast Revenue
- Rebranding of Entercom Underway