Market and sales mangers were called to meet with the Great Wise One in Miami this week to find a way to increase revenue.
The situation has deteriorated so much in the last few weeks that The Evil Empire went through the expense of flying all these people in.
And what did Bob Pittman do?
He personally showed them that he could out sell them.
The gloves are coming off. Now it’s going to get uglier.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why the next round of “necessary” layoffs will come from local not corporate.
- Heads up: when the next layoffs start.
- How Pittman cut his managers’ private parts off by announcing a new initiative that spreads ad money to starving local stations for pennies on the dollar.
- The conflict deep within Clear Channel that pits revenue managers against financial people – the one that got John Hogan’s ass fired and promises to cause more disruption.
- Why Clear Channel managers have seen the future by stealing this odious revenue tactic from CBS.
- How about a straight answer! Are employees at least safe if they make it past March?
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Sources in my Witness Protection Program contributed to this article. If you are aware of news, memos or emails from any company that needs to be aired out, report information in confidence and anonymously here. There is a $100 award available for best tip of the month.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy
- New SiriusXM
- What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization
- Is Radio Ready for a Comeback?
- Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes
- Surge Pricing for Radio
- Stupid On-Air AI Tricks
- How Nielsen Is Killing Audience Gains
- iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations
- Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio