Nothing is hotter than soft oldies.
And nothing is worrying program directors more than the crosswinds that are developing.
The soft AC format aka “The Breeze” has been adopted in numerous markets looking to flank a hot AC competitor and erode their ratings.
New intel shows for the first time how “The Breeze” is rearranging station ratings.
Consistent proof from several PPM markets where soft AC has been in place for at least six months.
Is soft AC the right move going forward based on evidence?
Do we know the weaknesses so they can be addressed?
Who is winning in markets where “The Breeze” and soft ACs are doing battle.
Some observations from 3 PPM markets …
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- The iHeart IPO