Nothing is hotter than soft oldies.
And nothing is worrying program directors more than the crosswinds that are developing.
The soft AC format aka “The Breeze” has been adopted in numerous markets looking to flank a hot AC competitor and erode their ratings.
New intel shows for the first time how “The Breeze” is rearranging station ratings.
Consistent proof from several PPM markets where soft AC has been in place for at least six months.
Is soft AC the right move going forward based on evidence?
Do we know the weaknesses so they can be addressed?
Who is winning in markets where “The Breeze” and soft ACs are doing battle.
Some observations from 3 PPM markets …
- Entercom’s 74% Drop, Changes Coming
- iHeart Panics Over Culture, Chief People Officer
- Entercom Refusing Revenue, Broken Systems
- Radio Music Changes, Streaming Redefined
- iHeart “Cash Infusions”, Financial Alarm
- Entercom Ad Rate Dump, Targets Competitors
- Townsquare Sale On, Buyer Targeted
- Two Buck Entercom, Their Turnaround Plan
- Westwood One Danger, Cumulus Plans
- iHeart Revenue Shortfall, Changes Ahead