I don't take any pleasure having to say this, but the National Association of Broadcasters is selling radio out -- again.
I want to start by saying that there are a lot of great and good people at the NAB who care about radio and many broadcasters who serve on its board who do so for all the right reasons.
But somehow, our trade organization as powerful a lobby group as it is, is siding with big money, big broadcasters and those interested in further consolidation.
Consolidation has been a spectacular success and has made the radio industry more vital, more relevant, more vibrant and better able to compete with new&hellip
- The CBS Merger in Trouble
- The Fate of Walker & Milner at Cumulus
- Townsquare's Rescue Plan
- The Surprise Entercom/CBS Spin-off Buyer
- Less than 2 Months Cash Left at iHeart
- Crackdown on Cumulus Market Managers
- iHeart -- Low on Operational Cash
- Entercom-CBS DOJ Desperation
- Cumulus Cutting Employees’ Pay
- The Acquisition Entercom Does After the CBS Merger