I don't take any pleasure having to say this, but the National Association of Broadcasters is selling radio out -- again.
I want to start by saying that there are a lot of great and good people at the NAB who care about radio and many broadcasters who serve on its board who do so for all the right reasons.
But somehow, our trade organization as powerful a lobby group as it is, is siding with big money, big broadcasters and those interested in further consolidation.
Consolidation has been a spectacular success and has made the radio industry more vital, more relevant, more vibrant and better able to compete with new&hellip
- How Dickey Will Spend His $300 Million Blank Check
- The Only Way Podcasting Can Save Radio
- The Uncertain Future of Cumulus
- The Most Insecure Job in Radio
- Dickey Steals Lori Lewis From Cumulus
- iHeart’s $55 Million Podcasting Gamble
- The Sale of Nielsen
- Entercom’s Nagging CBS Problem
- Radio Revenue Tanking
- CBS, Entercom, iHeart, Cumulus, Nike