Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey is not disappointing anyone who predicted he would use Clear Channel's recent assassination of 1,850 careers as cover to do the same to his employees.
Now, his dying company -- $1.87 a share (down 13 cents just yesterday alone) -- is following the Lee & Bain playbook for Clear Channel and trashing their assets.
Dickey initiated mass firings Friday when he wasted several dozen great and loyal employees.
According to Tom Taylor "the most likely to be riffed were midday personalities, nighttime jocks and morning co-hosts. But also office managers, some GSMs and AEs. There even are reports out&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts