Mike McVay is gone.
And the decision to cut him loose says more about the new direction of Cumulus than it does about McVay.
McVay was hired by the previous regime hated by current CEO Mary Berner.
She stuck with him until no matter what happened because if there is one thing about Mary Berner, she protects her small but compliant management team.
So, beyond the corporate spin, what made McVay fall on his sword at this late date?
Does this mean that market managers can have renewed hope that regional VPs Bob Walker and Dave Milner will be next?
How is the removal of McVay and the uncertainty of Cumulus management related to their future plans?
- The New Formats Young Audiences Crave
- The Berner Board Battle at Cumulus
- Phase 3 Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom’s Big Little Lies
- The Fate of the Big 3 Record Labels
- The Cumulus Debt-Reduction Plan
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom