It goes from bad to worse at Cumulus as ad revenue dries up.
They have made cuts prior but don’t have the regional capability to create “excellence centers” like iHeart to automate local markets.
Instead, they are forced to stay local with almost no employees at their medium and smaller market stations that make up the majority of the group.
Cumulus will move early next week to eliminate and consolidate what is left of their operations in the station group and Westwood One.
Their goal is to stay on the air with the minimal number of people.
By the end of next week, you won’t recognize Cumulus and Westwood One.
- Desperate Radio CEOs Buy Favorable Ratings
- Audacy’s Hiring Problem
- iHeart Foreign Sale Still on the Table
- Westwood Done
- Cumulus Fires 9 in One Market
- The Fan-to-Fan Music Revolution
- San Diego Audacy Exodus Resumes
- Big Changes Coming to CHR
- New Cumulus Market Manager Mandate
- Cumulus to Regionalize Business Managers