There's a fight going on right now -- and about escalate -- over music royalties.
I hope the lawyers are making a lot of money because no one wins this battle.
The NAB is claiming victory in the second round of Greedy Record Labels vs. Clueless Radio Operators.
The NAB says it has enough votes to prevent repeal -- at least 219 co-sponsors for the Local Radio Freedom Act which opposes requiring AM and FM stations to pay any performance fee to record companies and artists.
Nice name, eh?
Local Radio Freedom Act.
Local radio is rapidly morphing into national radio thanks to Clear&hellip
- Nielsen To Retaliate Against Non-Subscribers
- Owners Giving Up on AM Radio
- New Developments in Liberty’s iHeart Takeover
- Heads Up for Entercom’s Next Bombshell
- Cumulus Caught Running Up Expenses
- End of the Year Cutbacks at iHeart
- A Third Townsquare Auction?
- Trouble With iHeart Live Events
- Entercom Targeting Sales Reductions
- A New Complication for Radio Podcasting