There's a fight going on right now -- and about escalate -- over music royalties.
I hope the lawyers are making a lot of money because no one wins this battle.
The NAB is claiming victory in the second round of Greedy Record Labels vs. Clueless Radio Operators.
The NAB says it has enough votes to prevent repeal -- at least 219 co-sponsors for the Local Radio Freedom Act which opposes requiring AM and FM stations to pay any performance fee to record companies and artists.
Nice name, eh?
Local Radio Freedom Act.
Local radio is rapidly morphing into national radio thanks to Clear&hellip
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom