So I returned to Scottsdale from LA the other night when I received the first of what would be 21 -- count 'em, 21 -- emails from a radio industry consultant taking me to task for advocating the Arbitron Portable People Meter (PPM).
The emails got nastier as the night went on, but the sender is no dummy.
Rude, but brilliant.
Unfortunately he suffers from the same disease that is taking radio down right now -- the "I'm right, you're wrong if you don't agree with me" attitude. Certainly his concerns and the concerns of others should be passionately pursued.
And Arbitron should be held&hellip
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart