Over the weekend Inside Radio broke the news that Clear Channel had finally decided to become an Arbitron People Meter client. It's reportedly a multi-year deal covering 50 markets.
I don't know how Clear Channel does this with a straight face. I am going to get sick when I see the trade press coverage today and Tuesday hailing this as a great step. Of course, no one should know more than I do that you don't want to get Clear Channel mad.
Since I guess I never learned my lesson, I've got another take to share with you.
This is all about one company -- the largest with over 1,100 radio stations and a near monopoly&hellip
- More Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom Name Change
- That 11-Hour Cumulus Board Meeting
- The Coming Breakup of Alpha Media
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Promotion
- How Entercom Made a 7% Loss Into a 20% Stock Price Gain
- Univision’s 71 Radio Stations
- David Field’s 3 Broken Promises
- Bonneville’s Back – Or Is It?
- Cumulus Reboot -- Strange Things You Didn't Know