I never for even one minute thought radio consolidation would work right from the get go.
But, even I didn't believe radio consolidation would have turned out this bad.
Citadel is negotiating its debt covenant to avoid bankruptcy again even as I write this. Clear Channel's solvency is no slam dunk. And Cumulus, the other one of the big three consolidators, has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
It didn't have to be this way.
All the power didn't have to wind up in the hands of a few radio execs worshiping at the feet of Wall Street bankers. There could have been a "Plan B" just in case&hellip
- Cumulus Fears Takeover Bid
- Beasley Is Next
- The Hole in the Market for Radio
- No Rush to Pay iHeart’s Debt
- What Soros Wants by Buying Audacy’s Debt
- Young Demos and Podcasting
- SiriusXM Is Retreating from Cars
- Investors Turn Negative on Cumulus
- Investor Trying to Block Audacy Bankruptcy
- Podcasting Panic