Just when I thought relaxation of ownership rules was finally off the table due to the FCC and iHeart’s reluctance, horizontal radio monopolies emerge that could shake the entire industry up …
Today, I’m going to get into it an escape plan that can help failed owners get back to making money or get out – or both.
You’ll read a few thoughts on …
- A way for debt laden owners to consolidate horizontally and grow vertically.
- Why even iHeart would like to get in on it (remember, they were against helping competitors own more stations).
- Money would be no problem.
- Chances this version gets past the FCC’s previous objections.
- See a frightening hypothetical that can actually happen for real.
The answers start here
Click to read: Relaxation of Ownership Rules is Back On … Audacy on the Clock … Potential Buyer Awaits Audacy Bankruptcy… New SiriusXM … What’s Stalling the Audacy Reorganization … Is Radio Ready for a Comeback? … Younger Demos Want These Radio Changes … Surge Pricing for Radio … Stupid On-Air AI Tricks… How Nielsen is Killing Audience Gains … iHeart Fast-tracking AI at Stations …
You may also like: Blocking TikTok’s Knockout Punch to Radio … The Stakes in Audacy Bankruptcy Talks … Class of ‘27’s Changing Views on Radio … iHeart is Coming After Your Spot Revenue … A Radio Station That Got Music Discovery Right … The Meaning of the “White Noise” Podcast Boom … Music Radio’s Secret Weapon Against Streamers … How Consolidators Plan to Change Ad Sales … The End of the Market Manager … Bottom Feeder Buying Cumulus, Audacy Debt …
Report newstips or suggest a story here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Hear Jerry on Michael Harrison’s podcast discussing today’s youth culture and its potential application in both the radio and music businesses looking to appeal to younger demos – Listen here
- Audacy’s Troubled Bankruptcy Talks
- The Fix is in for Radio Boards of Directors
- A Surprising Winner in Post-Pandemic Radio Revenue
- Radio’s Cash Infusion Secrets
- One Side Ready to Blink in Audacy Bankruptcy
- What if Audacy Employees Threaten to Leave Unless Board Quits
- Unraveling at Urban One
- iHeart Trade/Barter Secrets
- New Cash Crisis at Audacy
- What iHeart Is Covering Up