A Cumulus employee got fired last month.
Then she reportedly went home and killed herself.
Related? Or coincidental?
Consolidator’s hell bent on squeezing every cent out of employees and every ounce of work out of survivors may soon have another price to pay.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Details of this tragic suicide that coincides with an employees firing. Plus the scuttlebutt as best as we can put it together from our Newstip Hotline.
2. The standard firing approach – one that was used as recently as Friday at KGO in San Francisco.
3. The companies that, in my opinion, hardball their employees on the way out the door.
4. The radio groups I’d love to be fired from! The good ones who know how to leave your dignity and finances in tact.
5. A sampling of other brutal radio firings.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Extend on-air brands beyond radio. Content – it’s not just for radio operators anymore, you can get a leg up on the digital future. It’s part of my upcoming media seminar at The Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale February 9th. Last 27 days to save $300 on your registration -- The 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
Questions for me about my upcoming seminar – here.
Management guru Peter Drucker said, “a man should never be appointed into a managerial position if his vision focuses on people’s weaknesses rather than on their strengths”. Drucker, who spoke to one of my management conferences, hit it out of the park again when it comes to radio. In my new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” I expand upon Drucker’s warning and help outstanding people unlock a strength they can develop that guarantees success. It’s available at bookstores, online at Amazon.com and on your favorite e-reader for under $9.99. Read Jerry’s New Book
My Confidential NewsTip Hotline.
Talk to me privately here.