Apple may be powered to succeed for years after Steve Jobs relinquished operating control, but from now on everything changes.
1. There were two things Steve Jobs failed to do at the time of his resignation. One of them was to build a movie platform as strong as Netflix. The other is this – and it hits us close to home.
2. Jobs kept the music industry from eating itself alive by seizing control of the record labels and their ability to price their own product. Now what’s next for the music industry now that Jobs is out of the picture.
3. Radio, don’t be afraid of Clear Channel or Cumulus. Be afraid of this company that is going to be the next Apple someday.
4. Social networking may default into a couple of players’ hands – here are the ones to watch.
5. The Steve Jobs approach to consumer electronics can be applied directly to a troubled radio industry. No kidding. Here’s how.
A lot has been written about Apple, Jobs and their impact on consumer electronics.
This is about how the changes at Apple will directly affect your bread and butter.
If you’ve been thinking of taking out a subscription, you’ve got a lot to dig your teeth into today.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.