Radio groups can ignore these numbers at their own peril.
The “digital spring” is upon us and each month, each year from now until 2015 – four short years away – there will be disaster for most radio groups.
But great opportunity for smart radio people.
1. There are five hot areas in digital content. Forget the hype and b.s. – go after these. I’ll name them for you so you can gain an edge.
2. Sit down for this – a major research study that condemns every radio station to failure if it doesn’t wake up to this guidance now.
3. Red flag for couponing. A big part of that digital growth in the headline is from couponing, but something weird is going on – even dangerous. You should know the latest.
4. Small and medium sized businesses are happy to turn away from radio and to pure play entrepreneurs and individuals. This is major if you want to amp up your career.
5. Radio, digital, dashboard – where to begin. None of them, actually. Start with this.
6. The one digital skill you must have going forward or you might as well not even get started. It’s not technology. It’s something that 99% of radio people have no skill in. Here’s how to change that.
Let everyone else argue about whether FM is a good place for AM formats.
That shipped sailed a long time ago.
With 70% of the ad dollars headed to digital, this is a great way to start your week and begin a subscription to unlock the future.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.