If Internet postings are true, today (Monday) is the day for the first real protest against a major abuser of local radio – Clear Channel.
If it works, there are plenty more consolidators around to target.
The strategy is simple, legal and could prove useful to people who want to legally protest the downsizing and firings that have put local radio in peril.
Here’s all you need to know about the protest plan and 5 additional strategies – all legal and effective.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. Details on the epicenter of the first protest – where, why and how.
2. The legal strategy that owners cannot deny and techniques that consolidators may not reject. Plus a resource link.
3. The best way – step-by-step – to occupy the station legally and what to do when you gain access. Watch local management sweat – if you can find anyone home.
4. What to do if there is no one at the station – an increasing problem with local radio. You have a right to gain access and a right to get information. I’ll tell you two specific things to seek when you get in.
5. Five other strategies that are all legal, effective and cannot be stopped by consolidators if your goal is to stir up some blow back for their firings and gutting of local radio.
The answers start here.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
Only 20 days to save $300 off the registration to my upcoming seminar at The Phoenician in Scottsdale – The 2012 Media Solutions Lab.
Group sales, inquire here.
Guess who was “penniless, severely depressed, divorced, trying to raise a child on her own while attending school and writing a novel?” The author of Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling – those are her words! The stories, techniques and life plans of people written off by bad breaks is in my new book “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” available in stores or online for under $9.99 --Read Jerry’s New Book.
NewsTip Hotline – report news when you see it or hear it in strict confidence.
Talk to me privately here.