We all know that radio is undergoing major changes again but now, there are new rules that can guide you into the digital future.
1. From now on the new relationship between on-air and online – and to be blunt, no one has it right yet. But you will be off to a great start.
2. Changes in the way on-air content winds up online. This one is major. And you’ll be ahead of the game.
3. Why any successful radio station will have at least 2 morning shows from now on. That’s right – two morning shows.
4. The new rules for distributing content on-the-air and digitally and they are not the same.
5. There is a new way to expand time spent listening, which has dropped 6% over the past three years – but it has nothing to do with programming to The People Meter. In fact, it’s the exact opposite. I’ll explain.
6. Music radio will have to change its mission as Pandora, Spotify and other monthly music services continue to steal audience. Here is radio’s best shot.
7. The critical new approach to selling on-air and online together. It’s not intuitive but this approach works best.
8. New rules about staffing a radio station. Cutbacks are not going to stop, we all know that but these three positions cannot be eliminated as radio changes. Do you know what they are?
9. The most important position in turning around a radio station is – what? From now on, it is this person.
I’ve been happy to make these “promos” available to thousands of people every day for the past year – kind of a one-year test drive.
Now if you want to continue receiving Inside Music Media every day, today would be a great day to unlock a significant story and stay on the distribution list.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (over 1,300 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.