Things are about to get worse for Cumulus employees as Lew Dickey and company are emboldened by getting away with the gutting of local radio.
Look at what’s next.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
1. More employees on half salaries – but wait until you hear about how they are getting people to take such big pay cuts.
2. Right now salespeople are also being put into a tough position. If it hasn’t happened at a station near you, it very well could happen sooner rather than later.
3. A radical new approach to radio sales is coming – that’s what I’m tracking and when I say radical I don’t mean business as usual. Here are the details.
4. My prediction on where all of this is leading for Cumulus and their follower, Clear Channel when it comes to outsourcing. You won’t believe what I think they will outsource next after programming.
5. New evidence of an alarming increase in employee abuse that I define as firing someone when they have a serious health problem. It happened again yesterday at Cumulus. Beware.
If you would like to read this story, have access to my entire archive (1,400 pieces) and get daily email delivery, click “read more” for your choices.
If you miss my upcoming Media Solutions Lab, you’ll miss a lot. Hundreds (that’s right, hundreds) of useful new ideas, tools, strategies and advantages. Never recorded. The magic is collaborating together in person. Join me February 9th at the 2012 Media Solutions Lab
Want to bring a group? Talk to me here.
When Clear Channel sued me for $100 million a decade ago, I used the things in my new book to survive, get stronger and eventually prevail. With what’s happening in radio right now, this book may be just what you are looking for. “Out of Bad Comes Good – The Advantages of Disadvantages” – print, Amazon.com, Kindle, Nook and iPad for under $9.99 here.
Always 100% confidential – my Newstip Hotline.
Talk to me privately here.