This is war!
The smaller, locally focused good radio operators have had enough of Clear Channel, Cumulus, Entercom and even CBS in some cases blighting their markets even if they are too nice to make a public stink about it.
So they have a few strategies that are so awesome, if they detonate them this year – and some will – they are going to eat their consolidated competitors alive because there is no defense against what they are planning.
They’ve had enough of competitors who are dragging down the entire industry.
They’re growing balls!
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- An ingenious strategy to put a hurt on consolidated competitors who cannot defend against it. No way.
- How two small moves that are easy to do can cripple consolidated competitor’s revenue while they are distracted refinancing their debt. Hardball.
- Plus, their plan to force greedy competitors to choke on their phony digital ad strategies.
- How smart locally focused groups will move to put a stranglehold on market revenue without even having to attract new advertisers.
- No! No! No! Tell me it ain’t so! The two good radio groups that, frankly, have me worried that they are glancing at the evil consolidators playbook. I’ll reveal.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
When a story needs to be told, turn to my confidential Witness Protection Program that has never violated a confidence. Documents, emails, info. $100 for the best tip of the month. Report here.
Talk to me privately here.
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations