David Field let the door hit him in the butt on the way to taking a minor pay cut as all the other major CEOs went first.
Then yesterday he circulated a memo to employees telling them many will lose their jobs while arguing how bad things are and how good they are – at the same time.
And that lots of them will be temporarily “furloughed” and others will have their pay cut just like their CEO.
Except for one thing.
The “Furloughs” are phony.
Perhaps the most important disclosure about the Entercom firings is in the fine print.
- The Latest on Furloughed iHeart Employees Returning
- Entercom’s Daddy Issues
- iHeart’s End of June Housecleaning
- Apollo to Disassemble Cox Media Group
- Foreign Money Invades Local Radio
- Entercom Cutting Live Jocks – And Winning
- iHeart Prepping Radical Pay Cuts
- Entercom’s Ransacked Station Model
- Cumulus, iHeart & Entercom Takeover Interest
- Spotify’s $100 Million Joe Rogan Podcasting Gamble