I guess it’s now Country Lew and the Fish.
Oh wait, that’s not country.
But then again, the Cumulus Nash FM scheme has less to do with country music than you might think.
Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey has seemingly discovered country music in a big way with the purchase of a poor-signaled New York FM station that is bringing the format back to the Big Town for the first time in almost two decades.
See, country doesn’t work in New York City or else Dan Mason would have done it.
Jeff Smulyan would have done it.
Hell, Clear Channel with ex-country PD Bob Pittman now its CEO – would have done it.
WYNY did it but bailed out in 1996 to become WKTU.
In other words there is a reason no smart broadcaster has done country in New York City – at least successfully – and why most refuse to go there.
But that Nashville Cat himself, Lew Dickey, Jr. knows more than anyone else so he and Other Brother John have invented Nash FM 94.7.
Something is seriously wrong here suggesting that the Dickeys are working a greater, dangerous plan that I’m about to reveal here.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Why installing country on their new New York FM station is a smokescreen for something more dangerous.
- What’s the real motivation for Nash FM – it’s sure as hell not ratings as you’re about to find out.
- The big media company Dickey recently met with to buy into his crazy plan.
- What’s ahead for Cumulus salespeople who think they are going to have to sell this new country format but are in for a big surprise when they find out what corporate really has in mind.
- Warning: A Nash FM brand across all their country stations is nothing compared to the next radical move in the works.
If you would like to see the evil plan Cumulus is working on that’s bigger and more wicked than Nash FM, click “read more” below.
Report Newstips under my witness protection program here.
Fix Subscription Issues here.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Media Solutions Lab Info/Registration here.
- Fate of CBS Radio Employees in 2019
- Top Sellers Exiting Cumulus
- Losing FM on Smartphones
- Pizzati Raiding Cumulus
- Entercom Investors Panic
- Change of Plans for Lew Dickey
- Making Sense of the Entercom Mess
- The Entercom Programming Cuts
- New Playlists From Listeners' DNA
- Entercom Hired Bain -- Here's Their Advice