- Six states and the Federal Trade Commission announced a settlement with iHeart and Google for their part into a deceptive ad campaign that featured false endorsements of the Google Pixel 4 smartphone.
- What iHeart did that was so bad that they are on a 10-year FTC probation.
- iHeart’s efforts to cover up the story and the huge fine.
- How they put radio personalities in a position to lie or get fired.
Report Newstips here
Previously: Townsquare’s Next Head Fake … Amazon’s Commercial Free Podcast Blitz … Only 2 Radio Groups are Profitable … iHeart Deal Buzz … Could Audacy’s Board Do a Disney CEO Firing? … Audacy & Beasley Destroy their Vegas Station Swap … Radio’s Role in Taylor Swift’s Success … A Recession Would Trip Radio Layoffs … Shakeup in Station Management … Townsquare Distances Itself from Radio… Audacy Burning Cash and Adding Debt …
You may also like: Saga’s Hidden Problems … What Now for Audacy … iHeart Stalling Another Bankruptcy … Preview of Tomorrow’s Audacy Revenue Reveal … Radio Groups Drowning in Debt … iHeart Targeting Audacy… “Commercial-Free” Hours Killing Morning Shows … Cumulus Masquerading 3rd Quarter Fail … Scott Shannon’s Forced Retirement … The Future of Free Radio
Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is just public relations -- George Orwell
- The Sale of Westwood One
- Audacy’s Troubled Bankruptcy Talks
- The Fix is in for Radio Boards of Directors
- A Surprising Winner in Post-Pandemic Radio Revenue
- Radio’s Cash Infusion Secrets
- One Side Ready to Blink in Audacy Bankruptcy
- What if Audacy Employees Threaten to Leave Unless Board Quits
- Unraveling at Urban One
- iHeart Trade/Barter Secrets
- New Cash Crisis at Audacy