Proud Mary is back to playing her A game.
Claiming that she has turned Cumulus around but the assertion appears to have no relationship to the facts according to people familiar with the internal workings of Cumulus.
The truth is – Cumulus is not a turnaround, it is a very troubled company.
Just because Mary Berner says it is so does not make it so and that is backed up by facts.
The happy talk radio trade press fell for Cumulus proclaiming a “victory lap” although the facts suggest a weakened company that is misleading the public as to the seriousness of their situation.
Here are the facts from financial people close to Cumulus based on their recently filed 10-K.
- How financial experts close to Cumulus debunk dubious company claims of a financial turnaround.
- Cumulus says revenue is up – here are the real results with specific figures.
- What is the truth about Cumulus’ cash flow based on correct numbers.
- How bad is their debt – a critical indicator of future performance is revealed.
- What to watch to predict more station and asset sales like the ones to EMF for quick cash and low return.
Compare monthly vs. annual subscriptions here
Report news in confidence here.
Jerry will appear with Lew & John Dickey together on stage at the 2019 Conclave in Minneapolis June 20thin a deadly honest conversation about Cumulus and the future of the radio focusing on growth opportunities for radio people in the new modern media. Details here.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel