At the time of the merger, David Field was so anxious to offload CBS salaries higher than he was paying any of his Entercom employees that he pushed CBS to start doing it even before the merger officially closed.
Andre Fernandez and Scott Herman were pressured to keep Field happy and as it turns out tried to talk David out of blowing things up even more interestingly enough acting like the adults in the room.
Field got his way and when he took over, he had no one to stop him. Nine qualified and highly compensated CBS managers lined up and fired from the get go.
Field has another big personnel problem but what he’s planning to do now can no longer be blamed on CBS.
Read the full article now.
- Entercom’s Next Round of Operational Changes
- Beasley’s Dominance over Entercom
- Entercom Salesforce Public Shaming
- The 2nd Cumulus Selloff Including KLOS
- Streaming Music Services Confronting Radio
- Plans for a Second Alpha Media
- Voltair/CBET PPM Enhancements Backfire
- Bye-Bye CBS All-News All the Time
- Nationwide iHeart Downsizing Begins
- New Breeze Soft AC Format Intel