From almost day one David Field has been telling investors and lenders that there are lots of financial savings to be realized once the two companies merge.
In fact, Field upped his predictions from $25 million in cost cuts all the way to $100 million and even later added another $10 million on top of that.
So far best estimates show approximately half of that $110 million in cutback savings has been reached – some of them came from CBS which was coerced to do them by Field prior to the merger.
Now Field is having a tough time grinding out more savings which sounds like great news for current CBS employees who want to hold on to their jobs except it isn’t.
- The New Formats Young Audiences Crave
- The Berner Board Battle at Cumulus
- Phase 3 Entercom Cutbacks
- Entercom’s Big Little Lies
- The Fate of the Big 3 Record Labels
- The Cumulus Debt-Reduction Plan
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom