When did you ever see David Field give money back to employees?
He’s not known to be the radio industry’s “Discover Card” giving cash back to surviving employees. He’s got plans to pay for yesterday’s grand salary cut restoration with more firings as we reported yesterday. More developments on firing all live air talent with very few exceptions. It’s not if but when and there’s more on the timetable now. And what Field did not say yesterday when he suddenly announced the end of the 20% pay cut that is just as important. What happens with big talent contracts many of which expire at the end of the year. Any chance that Field will change his mind?
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart