When did you ever see David Field give money back to employees?
He’s not known to be the radio industry’s “Discover Card” giving cash back to surviving employees. He’s got plans to pay for yesterday’s grand salary cut restoration with more firings as we reported yesterday. More developments on firing all live air talent with very few exceptions. It’s not if but when and there’s more on the timetable now. And what Field did not say yesterday when he suddenly announced the end of the 20% pay cut that is just as important. What happens with big talent contracts many of which expire at the end of the year. Any chance that Field will change his mind?
- Jeff Smulyan Torches Bob Pittman
- A Cumulus Threat to Market Managers
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations