When did you ever see David Field give money back to employees?
He’s not known to be the radio industry’s “Discover Card” giving cash back to surviving employees. He’s got plans to pay for yesterday’s grand salary cut restoration with more firings as we reported yesterday. More developments on firing all live air talent with very few exceptions. It’s not if but when and there’s more on the timetable now. And what Field did not say yesterday when he suddenly announced the end of the 20% pay cut that is just as important. What happens with big talent contracts many of which expire at the end of the year. Any chance that Field will change his mind?
- Cox Media Group Came Within Days of Being Sold
- Cumulus Fears Takeover Bid
- Beasley Is Next
- The Hole in the Market for Radio
- No Rush to Pay iHeart’s Debt
- What Soros Wants by Buying Audacy’s Debt
- Young Demos and Podcasting
- SiriusXM Is Retreating from Cars
- Investors Turn Negative on Cumulus
- Investor Trying to Block Audacy Bankruptcy