No announcements have been made.
The radio trade press is in the dark.
Entercom is at work retooling its radio stations.
This is the same Entercom that less than two weeks ago was bragging to investors and lenders that they are growing by leaps and bounds.
Turns out David Field is running out of ways to cut costs.
The new retooling plan targets certain types of Entercom stations.
Evidence of how desperate Entercom is to save money as actual revenue falls short.
Those who are being targeted have the one thing in common.
And there is already a pattern of where these layoffs can be expected right down to the specific daypart.
- Cumulus Cash Flow Crisis
- Why Are Spotify & the Record Labels Getting into Podcasting?
- The Westwood One Dilemma
- Entercom & Cumulus Outsourcing
- Should Radio Be Rebranded Audio
- Summit Media as a Potential Buyer
- The Projected Effect of Podcasting on Radio Listening
- The Cumulus Leftovers
- Entercom’s Cost Cutting
- iHeart’s New Beginning