No announcements have been made.
The radio trade press is in the dark.
Entercom is at work retooling its radio stations.
This is the same Entercom that less than two weeks ago was bragging to investors and lenders that they are growing by leaps and bounds.
Turns out David Field is running out of ways to cut costs.
The new retooling plan targets certain types of Entercom stations.
Evidence of how desperate Entercom is to save money as actual revenue falls short.
Those who are being targeted have the one thing in common.
And there is already a pattern of where these layoffs can be expected right down to the specific daypart.
- Public Market Prepping for Entercom’s Fall
- iHeart In Worse Shape After Bankruptcy
- Entercom Debt Problems
- Connoisseur Becomes a Zombie Company
- Cumulus Bay Area Dilemma
- The Stephens/Mapleton Takeover
- Taylor Swift and the Relevance of Major Labels
- The Cumulus Dallas Sale
- Subscription Radio
- What was Emmis Thinking?