Just last week, a capital investor known as WY Capital put out a puff piece on Entercom calling it “Another Unappreciated Radio Company”.
The fantasy piece was so pro-Entercom that it could have been written by David Field himself.
It’s not known whether Entercom paid WY Capital for setting the record straight but that is a practice that is employed in the investment world these days.
Why all the happy talk now?
Why has David Field’s father, founder Joe Field, spent nearly $12 million in the first six months of this year alone to prop up Entercom’s drooping stock price?
If Entercom is so worried, what are they so worried about now?
View a list of all stories here
- Changes to Cumulus Operations
- Townsquare’s Non-Turnaround
- Pittman’s Blueprint for iHeart
- Entercom’s Accelerated Layoffs
- The Sale of Universal Music Group
- What Cumulus is Hiding
- Numbers Tell a Sobering Story on Entercom
- iHeart Firing Employees for Its New Owner
- Entercom Now Outsourcing to India
- Entercom’s Market Meltdown