Did you see or hear about the Video Music Awards sponsored by MTV Sunday night?
It was business as usual.
Controversy as to whether Britney Spears looked as good as she did before giving birth to her two babies. She did an uninspired, bikini-clad rendition of her new single Gimme More.
The gratuitous barbs from comic Sarah Silverman about Britney's "two mistakes" (her children).
It got me thinking.
Why is MTV still doing these music video awards?
They hardly ever play videos.
Justin Timberlake on several occasions during the telecast shouted out that MTV should play more videos and less&hellip
- NAB’s Fight for Survival
- Nielsen Accepting Nearly 70% Discounts
- iHeart Debuts 1 PD for 7 Stations
- The 2 New Vaccines and Live Events
- Cumulus Escalating Asset Sales
- Questions About iHeart’s National Contests
- Nielsen to Ad Agencies: Don’t Buy Radio
- Entercom On Track for 2022 Bankruptcy
- iHeart Moves to Eliminate Engineers
- Podcasting Is a Fraud Killing Radio