Did you see or hear about the Video Music Awards sponsored by MTV Sunday night?
It was business as usual.
Controversy as to whether Britney Spears looked as good as she did before giving birth to her two babies. She did an uninspired, bikini-clad rendition of her new single Gimme More.
The gratuitous barbs from comic Sarah Silverman about Britney's "two mistakes" (her children).
It got me thinking.
Why is MTV still doing these music video awards?
They hardly ever play videos.
Justin Timberlake on several occasions during the telecast shouted out that MTV should play more videos and less&hellip
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts