The fat cats, consolidated radio groups, Wall Street venture capital and radio’s very own lobby group, the NAB wants ownership limits relaxed so badly they can taste it.
Trump is perceived as favorable to their desires and Wall Street is ready with the money.
Is this really going to happen?
- If the sub caps are removed and ownership limits are lifted, what does that look like for a radio industry that has its two biggest consolidated owners a sure bet for bankruptcy?
- Will it lead to more jobs for the radio industry? More diversity in ownership and format diversity?
- Big question: will relaxing ownership limits make the $17 billion radio industry a $25 billion business?
- How experts see the chances of eliminating ownership limits.
Access this story now.
No advertising. No corporate money or favors. Beholden only to subscribers who value straight talk over happy talk so much that they are willing to pay for it.
- Entercom Market Manager Shakeup
- Best Radio Stocks, Winners & Warnings
- 4 Things Entercom is Covering Up
- Cumulus Liquidation
- SiriusXM Reversal, New Radio Threat
- Entercom Hack Attack, Fallout Revealed
- Lenders Investigating iHeart, Their List of Concerns
- Entercom’s New Comp Plan, Revolt Brewing
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision