A recent article in The New York Times was a fascinating study of what happened when a group of scientists took off for the Grand Canyon without their mobile devices for an analog vacation.
Cell phones did not work. There was no Internet access. This trip was an unscientific beginning to what I believe is going to be required research in the future on how heavy use of digital devices and other technology affects our brains.
There were five scientists in the group
- The Danger of Electric Cars to Radio
- Audacy & iHeart Playing Dirty with Ad Rates
- Townsquare’s Major Expansion
- Cumulus Just Screwed Itself
- iHeart’s Moving to ‘Touchless Radio’
- Average Song Length Nose Dives
- Recession Plans at the Big 3 Radio Groups
- Podcast Listening Slowing & Cratering
- Emmis’ Long Goodbye
- Wall Street Bails on iHeart