A recent article in The New York Times was a fascinating study of what happened when a group of scientists took off for the Grand Canyon without their mobile devices for an analog vacation.
Cell phones did not work. There was no Internet access. This trip was an unscientific beginning to what I believe is going to be required research in the future on how heavy use of digital devices and other technology affects our brains.
There were five scientists in the group
- Townsquare’s a Takeover Target
- Cutbacks On Deck for Entercom
- Katz Strong-arming Stations
- Panic at Entercom
- Nielsen’s Overnight Ratings
- The Emmis, Beasley, Urban One Deals
- Entercom’s Expense Cutting Shortfall
- Radio’s 3 New Rising Competitors
- The Liberty Takeover of iHeart
- Investors Growing Impatient with Entercom