Incredibly, this is not an April Fool’s joke.
The Dickeys are turning on their programming chief Jan Jeffries in what is a juicy story worthy of a TV episode on Scandal.
Heads are going to roll.
But new people are going to be hired in what I think is the sickest way possible.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The Dickey plan to “promote” Jeffries to Siberia.
- Who fills the programming power vacuum.
- Here’s the kind of talent Cumulus is looking to hire – beware.
- What becomes of Mike “Benedict Arnold” McVay now, Jeffries’ own personal hire.
- And the question everyone wants answered! Why is Cumulus hiring programming talent when they are moving to off-the-shelf formats for their markets.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
- Blowback Over Audacy’s $825,000 Employee Contract
- Programming to Short Attention Spans
- How ChatGPT Can Help a Radio Station
- Radio Groups Pressured to Cut Staff
- Video Podcasts More Popular Than Audio
- How Radio Will Beat FTC’s Non-Compete Ban
- Audacy Bankruptcy Becoming More Likely
- Townsquare May Shut More AM Stations
- Audacy On a Spending Spree
- iHeart Suckers 43 Air Personalities