Take THAT Eric Rhoads!
I can suck up to Lew Dickey just like everyone else to get advertising.
I don’t take advertising.
And I’ll put Jon Pinch on my cover, too – wait, wait -- I don’t have a cover.
Okay, then I take it back.
Cumulus is the worst radio group in America.
Just playing with you Eric. But I just don’t get it.
Don’t understand how this tricky Dickey gets away with putting lipstick on a pig every three months – a veritable pig roast, even.
I have a no-bullshit Wall Street analyst that strips Dickey bare (forgive that imagery) and exposes what’s really killing Cumulus revenue.
And I will add four of these upsetting moves are going to be advanced this year.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- News of a merger in which Dickey can bury debt and lay claim to the seller’s revenue performance.
- Why the over-priced Westwood One deal could unravel the rest of Cumulus.
- How SweetJack, traffic and the Nash country format lived up to their hype in terms of revenue.
- How Cumulus will be able to cut on-air talent and management jobs at a very fast pace from here on in.
- The one piece of good news for Lew Dickey that spells bad news for Cumulus sellers.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. I hope to see you there.
- Townsquare Trouble, Masking Weak Points
- iHeart Ownership Dilemma, Critical Decision
- Entercom’s 3rd Quarter, Big Surprise
- Townsquare Revenue Reveal, “Adjusted” Sale Plan
- Cumulus Cost Cuts, Poor Performers Immune
- Entercom’s Next Cost Saving, “Efficiency” Program Directors
- Entercom Revenue Warning, Cuts Accelerate
- Attention Span Shocker, Radio ¼ Hour Implications
- Entercom Employee Unrest, Repercussions
- Townsquare Sale, Search for Investor