At no time in recent history has anything this bad happened to market managers since the forced furloughs a couple of years ago.
Corporate henchmen like Gary Pizzati are bombarding stations with directives – sometimes as many as 7 emails a day ordering cutbacks (Pizzati did that yesterday to his “region” which includes numerous small markets but also New York, Los Angeles and Chicago – a total of 22 across the country).
Cumulus executives suspect that something is seriously wrong.
- The actual revenue figures that Cumulus keeps secret for its New York and LA markets says it all. Read them here along with projections for 2015 right off their spreadsheets.
- What Cumulus is telling its managers about paying their bills.
- The ban on hiring salespeople, but even worse what corporate is going to make sellers do within the next two weeks.
- Part-timers beware!
- The reason for new mandated meetings forcing market managers to confer with program directors (and it has nothing to do with the on-air product).
- What happened to WPLJ’s billing after Cumulus drove Scott Shannon into the hands of competitor WCBS-FM.
- What does the 0.6 rated KABC bill in LA and what is it projecting.
- The things Cumulus adds to the numbers to pad their revenue figures revealed.
- Sources close to the situation who wish to remain anonymous because they are not authorized to reveal corporate revenue figures say something is drastically wrong.
- After reading these numbers, you can see why another round of layoffs is coming.
Access this story now …
Report news in confidence here.
Start your day on a positive note “What One Quality Can Make a Person Loved” on my motivational website here.
Sign up to get these “teasers” every day for free here.
- Entercom Name Change
- That 11-Hour Cumulus Board Meeting
- The Coming Breakup of Alpha Media
- iHeart's Bankruptcy Promotion
- How Entercom Made a 7% Loss Into a 20% Stock Price Gain
- Univision’s 71 Radio Stations
- David Field’s 3 Broken Promises
- Bonneville’s Back – Or Is It?
- Cumulus Reboot -- Strange Things You Didn't Know
- The Sale of Westwood One