NO! NO! NO!
Say it ain’t so.
Cox Radio is starting to operate from the Cumulus and Clear Channel playbooks.
Just lean – increasingly lean.
Some people are really worried and here is why.
If you are a subscriber, thank you for joining our group. Just click through and unlock the content.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- Once and for all, can we rule out the sale of more Cox Radio markets?
- Who knew that Cox thought it had a ready and willing buyer for the recent non-essential markets it sold – and maybe even a buyer to sell the entire company. Guess who it was and why they are not interested.
- Why most present and ex-employees think Cox is a human radio operator, but not all. Their gripe has some substance.
- Cox doesn’t do mass firings, but they are using another tactic to cut costs. You be the judge.
- How long before Cox makes a major move to get out of radio – my best estimate.
Click “read more” below for the answers.
Report Newstips privately under my witness protection program here. $100 for the Best Tip of the Month.
Talk to me privately here.
Feel free to share this story by clicking on “forward” in your email.
- Liberty’s Next Move in the iHeart Takeover
- Entercom Memo Muzzles Sports Talent
- The Countdown to Live Events
- How Powerhouse WBEB Lost 60% Of Its Audience
- Entercom Eyes Benefits Cuts
- iHeart Using BLM to Cut Jobs
- Radio Will Come Back, Advertisers Not So Much
- Will Entercom Ever Pull the Trigger on FM All-News?
- Liberty Media’s iHeart Talent Dump
- Entercom Salary Restoration Funded by More Firings