J. Edgar Hoover would be proud -- the FBI has now confirmed Clear Channel employee spying.
The eye in the sky (Bob Pittman) is now officially the spy in the sky.
But there are other privacy abuses that his employees are not aware of.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The complex and ugly program they wrote to read your email.
- How even “safe” ordinary emails can be tracked and read if employees make this one mistake in the email text.
- How the Clear Channel spy network lets corporate automatically know each time you type certain things.
- How to protect yourself against this new level of corporate spying – 3 “safety first” precautions.
- Why the FBI confirmed Clear Channel spying as recently as Monday.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
If you have news, memos or emails, report information in confidence and anonymously here. I’ve got your back.
Or, talk to me privately here.
See what is in the pipeline for radio at my Philly Conference here.
- A New Apple Product That Could Impact Radio
- Banks Shun Radio Station Loans
- Cumulus Preparing Another Round of Layoffs
- Entercom Faces Crucial Stress Test Audit
- $50 Million in iHeart Cutbacks Planned for Next Year
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom