It happened on a recent manager’s conference call.
Not meant for your ears.
A plan to trap its own employees.
Snag the snitches who dislike Pittman.
What suddenly got Bob Pittman’s panties in a bunch.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The threat to dispense false information about a company that is partially public and in violation of Federal law.
- What Bob Pittman did when one of his lemmings made the threat in the call.
- The impossible thing that Clear Channel is asking managers to do.
- What is not being said publicly – what Pittman doesn’t want anyone to know about Clear Channel’s future plans.
- The truth about sales RIFs.
- The two biggest targets for layoffs.
- The fate of the regional calling centers and local sellers.
- Those programming RIFs that were scheduled too close to the sales RIFs.
- The one thing Clear Channel will sell for sure and the other that they will consolidate.
- Why Pittman is suddenly concerned about something his employees have been doing since he took over – Bobby leaks.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Michael Harrison’s great conference – save the date.
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly