The massive sales layoffs that SpongeBob Bossy Pants has ordered hit today.
Regional executives laid the groundwork with corporate in New York a few weeks ago.
Legal has signed off.
HR is ready.
Here’s how they’re coming to take you away.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- A first look at the compensation packages.
- The three jobs you don’t want to have today because you’re in the line of fire.
- Will some markets be exempt – please?
- What Clear Channel plans to do to the “lucky” ones who survived today.
- How many more rounds of sales layoffs will there be before the end of the year?
- How Pittman plans to increase sales revenue while decreasing the number of sellers he employs.
- The secret test Clear Channel did (and where) to make sellers expendable.
- This Heads Up! Within three weeks another Pittman mandated layoff will cause several hundred “other employees” to lose their jobs. Who, when, where and how.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Become an annual member and also access 2,676 previous stories, here. Search Stories.
This article was made possible from those close to the layoffs at Clear Channel. When you have news to report, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts