The Evil Empire asked for this when they arrogantly canned 300 plus sellers over the past two weeks.
Replaced by a bunch of idiots in regional sales call centers manning the phones and losing business.
Wait until you see what they’re passing off as radio sales.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- How one regional call center operator didn’t even know what state the prospect’s target market was in. No kidding.
- The comical handoff that takes place from city to city until the canned pitch begins – just like this.
- How these robo sellers are identifying themselves to prospects.
- What was the startling answer that followed this question: “How much do ads cost?”
- What Clear Channel robo sellers are willing to do if an advertiser will give them a credit card over the phone.
- How robo callers handle the issue of whether to buy a 15, 30 or 60 second spot.
- Witness this bungled attempt at upselling by an unknowledgeable seller – this is embarrassing.
- Alert! How Clear Channel is talking to other groups about replacing sellers with direct media buying sans seller’s commissions.
- The secret meeting schedule for other group heads at Katz’ New York offices this morning – Clear Channel wants other groups to fire their salespeople too.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
Become an annual member and also access 2,684 previous stories, here. Search Stories.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
Follow me on Jerry’s Instagram
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Come and say hi.
- Local Advertisers Dumping Radio
- Audacy Preps for Bankruptcy by Increasing Spending
- Ford Won the AM Radio Battle
- Audacy Bankruptcy Negotiations
- The Surprise Audacy CEO After Bankruptcy
- Crocodile Tears for AM Radio
- Cumulus is Panicking
- The Value Destruction of Audacy
- iHeart’s Future in Artificial Intelligence
- Lenders Pressure Audacy for Deeper Cuts