While you’re choking down hot dogs and hamburgers over the holiday weekend, Clear Channel is getting ready to blow up another working part of radio.
More changes to how Clear Channel sells.
Who they are after and who they are not.
If you’ve been thinking about subscribing and would like to access this story, let me tell you what you will get.
- The Evil Empire is recruiting again but its current or recently RIFed sales people need not apply.
- How salespeople from competitors are being approached for this new type of sales gig that only SpongeBob BossyPants could think up.
- Why this is the exact opposite of the Pandora sales model.
- The recruiter’s actual pitch to working prospects the company is contacting.
- You won’t believe where Clear Channel is harvesting leads to rustle up some candidates for this new sales job.
- Why even a name change to reflect the new strategy is not out of the question.
Access this story now and try a monthly subscription here.
This article was made possible by information from several sources close to the situation. When you report news, you are automatically in my Witness Protection Program, which has never revealed a source.
Talk to Jerry privately here.
I’m speaking on “Radio In the Digital Age” at The Talkers Conference in New York June 20th – register here. Hope to see you there.
- iHeart Looks to Expand Total Traffic Network
- The Liberty/SXM Management Shakeup
- An Advanced Look at Radio’s 3rd Quarter Losses
- A Warning About an iHeart Bloodbath
- Monthly Layoffs Ahead at Entercom
- Entercom To Switch 2 Formats a Month to Satellite
- Katz Downsizing
- Liberty’s Next Move After the iHeart Takeover
- iHeart’s Sudden AM Radio Buying Spree
- Competing Against the Liberty/iHeart Double Monopoly